top under header

Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Sanctuary Spa 5 minute thermal detox mask


Having read a lot about the Sanctuary Spa 5 minute thermal detox mask on various blogs and seeing that it is currently on offer for £7.00 instead of £10.50 in Boots, I decided to give it a go.

As someone who has combination/ oily skin (the typical oilier t zone and more normal cheeks) and on occasion suffers from a bit of a 'zit attack', (I'm particularly prone getting a few spots around 'that time of the month'), I appreciate a good clay mask. Clay masks are all pretty much designed to give your skin a really deep clean and this one's no exception.

Sanctuary claim that the heating up aspect of this mask 'helps to open up the pores so the charcoal and kaolin clay can help draw out the impurities from deep within the skin'. It goes on a 'very flattering' shade of grey and definitely starts to warm up as you massage it in. It feels really quite strange the first time you use it! Something I like about this mask is that because you only leave it on for 5 minutes, it doesn't dry, meaning that it is really quick to wash off. As a result, I would be able to find the time to use this mid week if I wanted to (I tend to leave the ones I leave on for longer until the weekend). It also doesn't dry the skin as much as a mask that dries/ hardens so I'd imagine that those with more normal or dry skin could also use it for deep cleansing purposes.

Overall, I'm enjoying this mask. I feel like it really deep cleanses my skin without drying it out, and it's quick and easy to use.

Have you tried it? What do you think?

Em x