top under header

Thursday, 5 February 2015

Pastel glitter nails take 2


I am loving pastel nails with a hint of sparkle at the moment. It may be snowing, hailing and blowing a gale outside and I may still be wrapping up in woolly jumpers but I'm so ready for Spring. In my recent 'mint sparkle' post, I showed you Maybelline's Mint For Life nail polish from the superstay range. I'm still really enjoying the formula of these nail polishes. They cover well (you could get away with 1 coat for some of them but all are opaque in 2), the brushes are the large, flat type that make it quick and easy to apply and they last around 4 days on me as opposed to the usual 2 that most other polishes last on me (I'm hard on my nails).

I used the same glitter (Deborah Lippmann's 'Stairway to heaven'), but this time with a base of Maybelline's 'Eternal lilac', which I think is such a pretty shade. I've had a few compliments on this combination, actually, and was even asked if it was shellac when it was combined with the OutTheDoor top coat.

What do you think? Are you introducing Spring shades into your beauty routine yet?

Em x