top under header

Monday, 2 February 2015

My 'Sunday Face'

Our Sundays are usually quite low key. We often pop out for a wander around our local park or go to cinema and potter around the flat. Keeping in mind that during the week I wear a full face of makeup, I still like to put some on if we're going out but I don't like to spend too long faffing with it since it's such a casual day. I thought I would share this weekend's 'Sunday Face'. The products I use vary slightly but I'm going for the same sort of look. Please excuse the dirty brushes in the 2nd picture-I'd just done my makeup when I decided to photograph them to write this post later!






Face:I know that a primer isn't strictly speaking necessary in a quick makeup routine but Max Factor's Stay All Day primer has SPF 20 in it, which is enough if I'm just around the house/ going for a little walk etc so that's my reasoning. Revlon colorstay concealer is a 'does it all' concealer. If I'm doing a quick makeup look, I want something I can quite happily use on blemishes and under my eyes. I pat this in with the Real Techniques sponge. I skip the liquid foundation set with powder that I'd normally wear and opt to use a powder foundation as it's so much quicker. I use the MAC studio fix powder foundation in shade NC15 with the Ecotools bronzer brush.If you read my January beauty favourites post, you will know that my current favourite blush is the Clinique cheek pop in the shade plum pop. I apply a quick sweep of this with the Real Techniques multi-task brush. Benefit Gimme Brow is the perfect product for when you just want to give your brows a quick bit of definition without any fuss. I brush the shade medium to dark through my brows.

Eyes: On my eyes, I use a quick swipe of Maybelline's Eye Tattoo in the shade On and On bronze. This is a pretty, bronzey shimmery shade in a cream formula that sets so it lasts well. I apply with a finger then blend out the edges with the Real Techniques base shadow brush. I then smudge a dark brown eye pencil like Soap and Glory's Smoulder Kohl in the shade Cocoa Bean along my top lashline and smudge it out with a MAC 219 brush for a bit of subtle definition. After curling my lashes, I apply a couple of coats of my favourite mascara, which at the moment is Seventeen's Falsifeye HD.


Lips:I actually haven't photographed a lip product because that is the thing I change the most. It's normally a nude or a pink I go for, though, and it's always something with a moisturising finish that wears off nicely because I'm not one for faffing topping my lippy up all the time on lazy days. This Sunday's choice was the Revlon lip butter in the shade Berry Smoothie, which you can see in this post.


To summarise, I skip liquid foundation and bronzer, just go for 1 eye shadow shade instead using 3 or 4 (I do like to do the whole lid, crease, highlight, outer corner thing) and use 1 brow product instead of 2, all of which definitely cuts down on the time it takes me to get ready. I'd also wear this look on days when I'm in a rush to get out the door.


Do you have certain products or a certain look you go for when you want a quick 'lazy day' makeup look?

Em x