top under header

Thursday, 19 February 2015

My New Boots: UGG Mariana


I've been 'umming and aahing' over UGG boots for the longest time, but recently my mum bought a pair and I made the mistake of trying them on...I'd never actually realised just how warm and snuggly they were. I've never been a fan of the classic sheepskin/ suede-like finish ones. Firstly, I just know that I would ruin them and secondly I see so many people 'walking over' on them...I'm not sure how to explain it really, but you know when the side/ back sort of gives way and people end up walking on the side/ back of the boot instead of the sole....yeah, it's not attractive.

However, I came across these leather ones (much more sturdy and durable looking, check) which still have the sheepskin inner (warm toasty feet, check). They also have lace up detail on the back with a sort of woven tongue (something slightly different, check). All I can say is that I do not know how I'm ever going to prise these off my feet. I was always a bit undecided but I think I'm converted. I think they look pretty nice worn casually with a pair of skinnies and they definitely have the comfort/ warmth factor. However, I WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT be wearing them in the manner I saw a lady at work wearing them a couple of weeks back...with a blouse and smart pencil skirt....

The style is called Mariana and I got them from the Littlewoods website here (at the time they were on offer for £160) but they are also available on Very.co.uk (who I believe are a sister company) here, and the Schuh website here for £200. I figure I'm going to get a lot of use out of these and they should last well being the leather finish, so I think they're worth it.

What do you think? Do you love UGGS? Loathe them? Think they're worth the money?

Em x