top under header

Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes


So this is a 2nd blush post in the same week...if you couldn't already tell, it's one of my favourite makeup products. I picked up a couple of these Max Factor creme puff blushes a week or two ago and I'm impressed! Lots of people are comparing them to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes, which I've never tried and don't intend to (due to the ridiculous price of £28!), but I do know that I'm really enjoying these. There aren't many products that I've tried and really liked from Max Factor come to think of it, other than their All Day primer, which is one of my everyday essentials.

Onto the blushes...for starters, don't these look pretty in the pan? Each is a mixture of 2 shades merged together. They have a definite glow to them too, hence the Hourglass comparison. It's not really shimmer (I actually don't like a lot of shimmer on my cheeks due to my oily skin), but it does make your skin look healthy and not flat. I chose the shades seductive pink (left swatch) and alluring rose (right swatch).

Both shades I chose are pigmented but not too pigmented, if you know what I mean. Sometimes when I'm quickly getting ready for work, I don't want to be bothered with something I have to be careful with. These almost blend themselves really and if by some chance you are a little heavy handed, it's very easy to buff them out with your powder brush.

As you can see from the swatches above, seductive pink is a lovely peachy pink shade that's ideal for everyday wear for me. Alluring rose isn't my usual choice as I usually go for pinks and corals, but I've been looking for a more neutral/ bronzey toned blush to try wearing when I do a heavier smokey eye for nights out. Something to liven up my cheeks a little without clashing with anything, you know? It would also look very pretty with a tan in the Summer months. I do think, however, that it's name is a bit odd because there's nothing remotely 'rose-ish' about it!

Overall, I think these are a great buy, especially if you can get them on offer (Max Factor is currently on 3 for 2 at both Boots and Superdrug).

Have you tried the Max Factor Creme puff blushes? What do you think?

Em x