top under header

Friday, 27 February 2015

February Beauty Favourites


Here are the beauty products I've most enjoyed using the most this month. Co-incidentally, they are mostly 'drugstore' products this time around.

Maybelline Eye Tattoo in the shade On and On Bronze (£4.99 here)
I got this back out at the beginning of the month after not using it for a little while. I love it for a quick wash of colour, as featured in this post on my 'Sunday Face', or used as a base underneath powder shadows. It stays put and is a lovely colour. I've definitely put a large dent in it now.

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in the shade Seductive Pink (£8.99 here)
This is a lovely everyday blush. I love all of the blushes in this line that I've tried (I now own 4 after buying 2 then getting 2 more), but I think this is my favourite. It's a pinky/ coral shade that's pigmented enough but not too much so it's easy to wear. You can be slightly heavy handed and it doesn't matter, which is nice when I'm trying to be quick getting ready for work. It has a lovely glow to it without being too over the top shimmery and is supposedly a dupe of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes (althought I haven't tried them). Being a combo/ oily skinned girl, I normally stick to more matte/ satin blushes but there's something special about these. My husband even commented on how nice my skin looked when I was wearing seductive pink, so they must be good! You can see my review post here.

L'oreal Glam Bronze bronzer in the shade Golden Bronze (£7.59 here)
I love the Soap and Glory solar powder for a bronzer but as I am so near the end of it,  I decided to pull this out and give it a proper go. I used it a couple of times when I bought it but the the Soap and Glory one took over. However, I've really been enjoying the L'oreal one as well this month. It's almost completely matte so I can use it for a bit of a contouring, too. You can see it swatched and compared to other bronzers in my recent 'contouring products 101' post here.

Too Faced Natural Eyes palette (£32 here)
This palette has got a LOT of use since I bought it. This month I went back to it and I've actually hit pan on one shade now. It's such a great neutral palette with everything I need for a complete eye look including lid shades, crease shades, dark shades to deepen the outer corner of the eyes and both matte and shimmer highlight shades. Well worth the money.

Collection Undercover Eyes palette in bronze nudes (£2.99 here)
I've been enjoying using this for a quick eye look on work mornings. It's small and convenient to fit into my everyday makeup bag and contains 6 natural/ neutral shades that are really nicely pigmented and blendable for such a budget brand. You can see my full review and swatch post here.

Nivea Express Hydration Body Lotion (£5.10 here)
This has been sat in my (rather large) stash of bath and body products for a little while. It came in a gift set and if I'm honest, I didn't think much of it as I tend to go for delicious smelling things like my Soap and Glory, Body Shop and Sanctuary products first (this one doesn't have a particular scent really, just clean/ fresh smelling). However, when I opened it this month, I found that it's a really good one for if you want to get dressed quickly so it's good to use in the morning. It's a gel-cream formula that does what it says on the bottle-absorbs quickly. I've been using this if I take a shower in the morning and saving my thicker body butters for the times when I have a bath in the evening instead. I've actually really been enjoying it.

Burt's Bees Almond Hand Cream (£8.81 here)
I've enjoyed using this super thick hand cream before bed now and then for a while but lately I've had a problem with an eczema-type rash underneath my wedding rings (I googled it and it seems that a lot of people suffer with the same thing due to soap etc getting stuck underneath them). It got super dry and this really seemed to help put a lot of moisture back into the skin. I wouldn't use it all over my hands during the day because it's very heavy and the sort of cream that takes a while to sink in. However, I have been using it every night and just on the problem area during the day and it has worked wonders.

Have you tried any of these products and if so, what did you think? What were your favourite beauty products this month?

Em x