top under header

Saturday, 21 February 2015

Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette: Bronze Nudes


ok I admit it, I have a neutral eye shadow palette problem...

I popped into Superdrug on Friday and went to the collection stand to pick up my favourite Lasting Perfection concealer. While I was there, I spotted the Eyes Uncovered palettes. I hadn't heard much about them but as soon as I swatched the bronze nude one (there are 3 different neutral palettes available), I knew I 'needed' it.

The shades are soft and pigmented. There are 6 in the palette and you can definitely create a complete look from it. The shades all have various degrees of shimmer, however, so personally I would probably add a bit of my bronzer or a single matte eye shadow into the crease, since I think a more matte crease is most flattering on my eye shape. The lack of matte shades is the one drawback. The colours are very reminiscent of the Urban Decay Naked palette (the original one). Obviously you are only getting 6 shades rather than 12, but this has its advantages. If you are someone who gets overwhelmed by a large palette then it's a good option. It would also be an amazing little travel palette because it's so compact but it still gives you options. You could easily create a light. natural eye or a much deeper smokey eye from it.

Best of all, these palettes are only £3.99! They are currently on 3 for 2 in Superdrug too, making them even cheaper (you can find them here). I feel like they're amazing value for the quality of the shadows and I think Collection are really upping their game eye shadow wise with these. It's great to see a decent neutral palette coming from such a budget brand.

Have you tried the Collection Eyes Uncovered palettes? What do you think?

Em x