top under header

Monday, 9 February 2015

An everyday makeup essential: The £1 MAC blanc type dupe


I recently repurchased this £1 eye shadow from Revolution in the shade 'Touch Me' because as you can see in the top picture, the one I'm currently using isn't going to last much longer. I love using a matte cream/ ivory sort of shade on my brow bone as a matte highlight and to help blend out the edges of whichever other eye shadows I've put on. I used to use MAC blanc type for this but when I'd nearly used it up, I started looking for a drugstore version. Is it just me or does it seem a little ridiculous to pay much for a single eye shadow that's almost the same colour as your skin?! Obviously this depends on skin tone, but for me, this sort of shade is just slightly lighter than my skin once applied (as you can see in the bottom left photo).

I found that it was actually quite difficult to find a good quality drugstore version of blanc type initially. I tried a wet n wild one first, which I had to buy from Amazon. It was quite nice but just not as pigmented, smooth and creamy and blanc type. A few months ago, my local Superdrug got a new Revolution stand and I spotted this. Into my basket it went, with me thinking that if it wasn't that great then it didn't matter too much because I'd only wasted £1. However, it turned out to be amazing! It is so pigmented and smooth, making it really good for blending out crease colours if you've been a bit heavy handed. Needless to say I will not be buying MAC blanc type again!

Have you tried any of the revolution single eye shadows? What do you think?

Em x