top under header

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

A genius nail polish remover invention



I saw this Zoya nail polish remover with a pump on a couple of blogs a few months back. I thought yep, it looks like a good idea because I'm forever spilling/ wasting the stuff but I don't want to pay £10 plus for a bottle of nail polish remover. I continued buying the usual Cutex one I buy in a standard bottle.

However, I recently stumbled upon this one from the brand 'classics' in B and M Bargains. It's a huge 300ml bottle of remover in the same type of pump bottle that the Zoya one comes in....and it cost me £1.99.I wasn't sure how good it would be but I was mostly after the bottle to be honest. As it tuns out, it works just as well as any other and I had no problems removing glitter polish with it last night, which is notoriously difficult to remove. It only has 2 ingredients, acetone and water. Once I've finished with this, I will be keeping the bottle and refilling it because the design is absolute genius-you put a cotton pad on the flat part at the top, push it down and as you do, the remover is pumped up into the cotton pad. There is no wastage/ spillage and it also seems to stink less, probably because it's going straight into the cotton pad and nowhere else.

I had a look around online and there aren't many options...I don't understand why more companies don't do this because it's so easy and convenient! I did find a 70ml bottle here on ebay and the same one on the Xtras website here. These are, however, much smaller than the one I bought and more expensive, so if you have a B&M near you I'd recommend having a look. Alternatively, if you type 'pump nail polish remover' into ebay, you'll see that you can buy the bottles on their own in various sizes, for you to pour in your own remover.

Have you tried nail polish remover in one of these pump bottles? What do you think?

Em x