top under header

Tuesday, 20 January 2015

The LBS (little black skirt)



 I recently picked up this Butterfly by Matthew Williamson skirt from Debenhams after seeing it in the sale knocked down from £45 to £13.50 (link). I recently realised that other than the few Summer maxi skirts I own, I'm not really a skirt person-for some reason, I always go for a dress or a top and trousers.

However, I love the pleating detail in the skirt. It starts as very fine pleats and then goes into slightly larger pleats towards the bottom. It has a wide elasticated band at the waist so is still comfortable while being stylish. The lined chiffon type fabric is all swishy and girly. It goes perfectly with my sparkly sequinned cami and heels for an evening outfit or I could pair it with a nice blouse and black tights for work. In fact, I think it's a very useful item to have in your wardrobe!

What do you think? Do you have the perfect Little Black Skirt?

Em x