top under header

Monday, 12 January 2015

My Jar of Happy Things


It's been about a week since I posted anything here because everything has felt so busy lately with getting back to normality after the Christmas break. Anyway, I digress...

This little 'jar of happy things' project was totally inspired by Zoe from mammafulzo, so definitely go and have a look at her post :-). Zoe had the brilliant idea of taking a jar and using it to collect all of your happy memories throughout the year so that at the end of it, you can look back at all the good things that happened. I have been writing down each happy thing that I want to put into the jar along with the date and popping it in. This could be anything at all no matter how small, like someone being kind to you, a trip to the cinema/ to see a concert or spending time with someone you love. Then again it could also be something bigger like a holiday, a new job or passing exams.

It's such a simple idea but so amazing, I thought. I didn't feel like 2014 was the best year for me, not the worst but not the best. There was nothing that really stood out about it to make it a good year and being honest, my work situation (rubbishy temp work for way too long despite spending 4 years studying and training for my chosen career) has been getting me down. However, I think that if I had a jar full of the little memories to look back on then maybe I would think differently. I feel like it will somehow make the little things count a bit more. Sometimes the little things are important!

The jar I used I actually already had. I bought quite a few to do a DIY sweetie buffet at our wedding in 2013 and have used these for various things since/ stored the rest knowing they's come in handy for something. I'm pretty sure it was from B&M but you can use any jar you like-a Kilner style jar from the kitchen supermarket aisle would do the job!

What do you think?

Em x