top under header

Friday, 2 January 2015

Multi-purpose Beauty Products


Burt's Bees Almond Hand Cream: I've been meaning to mention this on the blog since I picked it up a few weeks ago and fell in love. It's a SUPER thick cream in a jar-it's almost hard so you have to scoop it out, but changes consistency when it warms up on your skin, so it's still easy to rub in. It does leave a residue so it's not one to use on your hands during the day but it's SO moisturising if your pop it on before you go to bed. I also like to use this one on my elbows and other dry patches as a super thick concentrated body cream and it works wonders!

Hair conditioner: Did you know that hair conditioner is actually really good for shaving your legs? I read this tip in a magazine years ago and tried it out of interest. You actually get a really nice smooth, close shave with hair conditioner (strange but true!) so no need to panic if you've run out of shave gel!

MAC vanilla pigment:I think everyone should own MAC vanilla pigment....well everyone who's a make up junkie like me haha. I love it for using on the inner corner of my eyes (makes you look wide awake and bright eyed even if you're far from it!), as a cheek highlight, a tiny bit patted onto the centre of the lips over lipstick to make your lips look really full or even mixed into your everyday body lotion to give your decolletage a lovely glow. The MAC pigments last SO long as you need such a small amount. I have a mini one from a set a long time ago and I've never needed to buy the full size.

Lip and cheek tints and creams: These are great if you are trying to keep the make up you're carrying to a minimum. I also quite like the idea of matching your cheeks and lips-obviously the shade will look different on your lips due to them being a darker shade than the rest of your skin, but it means that you can match the tone without having to think about it. I like the Benefit ones for my oily skin (posetint in particular for my skin tone) but Stila convertible colours are great for drier skin types.

Highlighter and Bronzer as eye shadow: Sometimes I like to use highlighter and bronzer for my cheeks on my eyes, too. It's give a simple, fresh look that again, helps condense your make up bag. I like using the sleek contour kit in the shade light on my cheeks and eyes.

Eye shadow as blush: Got a pink eye shadow you won't ever wear? As much as I love the Too Faced chocolate bar palette, there's that one pink shade in there that I jut can't pull off. I tried pink eye shadow as a teen and it makes me look like an albino rabbit, or like I've been crying for hours. Not flattering. I have used that shade with some success, however, on my cheeks so if I have that palette with me, I don't need to bring a blush.I wouldn't recommend using a blush as eye shadow necessarily though, just because eyes are much more sensitive than eyes and you don't know if the ingredients will agree with them!

Dr Bronner's Magic Soap: Dr Bronner's magic soap can be used for numerous things so it's such a handy product to have. It can be used as a body wash, hand wash, shampoo (which I personally haven't tried but it says so on the bottle), for shaving, a brush cleanser (which is what I mainly buy it for). It can even supposedly be used as a household cleaning product and for washing your dog! I have the peppermint variety.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream: This stuff is great for lips, elbows, any other dry patches of skin and cuticles. I like to put it on at night and let in sit on the area/ soak in for best results.

Have you tried these products? Are there any other multi-purpose beauty products you would recommend?

Em x