top under header

Tuesday, 27 January 2015

January Beauty Favourites



Here are the beauty things I've loved using the most this month...

Too Faced chocolate bar palette. I love this palette and have used it a lot this month. I find it more wearable on my skin tone than the Urban Decay naked palette (sorry naked palette, I still love you, I promise!). I particularly love the gold and burgundy shades.

Urban Decay Pulp Fiction palette. This has all the basics in it-a matte highlight shade, a mid brown for my crease, a dark brown for the outer corner, a white slightly shimmery shade to highlight my inner corner and a black that I sometimes use as a liner. I've been enjoying pairing this palette with a shimmery shade for my lid from my single eye shadows.

Soap and Glory sexy mother pucker gloss stick in the shade nudist. I have banged on about how much I love these enough times, but this month I've been using this shade in particular a lot for work-it's a good neutral shade that is 'work appropriate' and goes with anything. This one's almost empty and I have a new one at the ready. It's very rare that I finish lip products because they seem to last forever but I've used up 2 of these in other shades already, which shows just how much I like them.

Clinique cheek pop  in the shade plum pop. This was very well used over the Summer but I recently picked it up again and have been using it pretty much every day since. I love that it's not shimmery but is almost matte with a slight sheen to it. It's hard to explain but it's a very flattering finish for oily skinned girls.

Soap and glory kohl power eye liner in shade cocoa bean. This is a nice dark brown shade that gives enough definition but isn't as harsh as black. It slides on very easily and lasts really well-it's one of those pencils similar to the texture of Urban Decay 24/7 pencil, Rimmel scandaleyes and the likes.

Maybelline Superstay nail polishes. These stay on my nails for around 4 days, which is longer than most polishes. I only really get 2 from most others (I think I'm quite hard on my nails). Plus I love the flat, wide brush that makes it easy to be neat and they are quite opaque. With some of them you could maybe get away with 1 coat, but they're all opaque in two. I now own 5 shades, 4 of which are pictured above (I seem to have misplaced one). You can see the mint shade in more detail here.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir. I absolutely love this perfume. I had a little rollerball of it already but picked up a gift set half price in the post-Christmas sales and I've been wearing it a lot. I'm not sure what it is, but there's a subtle difference between this and the original viva la juicy and I must say that I much prefer this one at the moment.

The Body Shop coconut range. The body butter pictured is representative of the range because I actually finished up the scrub and shower gel and thrown away the packaging (you will see the shower gel in my next empties post). I just have a bit of the body butter left but not a lot. I just love the scent of these, it's incredible! I smell like a pina colada! haha.

Which beauty products have you been enjoying lately?

Em x