top under header

Monday, 5 January 2015

Bomb Cosmetics


As my mentioned in one of my sales shopping posts here, I recently picked up a gift set from Bomb Cosmetics. The one I chose was the 'Love Rocks' set but I've also tried the brand before. The first time I came across it was a couple of years ago, in a cute little gift shop in Llandudno. I had gone for a little break away in Wales with my husband and decided to try the chocolate ballotin collection and the raspberry blower shower butter, which both smell amazing! When I came home and looked it up I found that they actually have a website (www.bombcosmetics.co.uk) where you can buy the products, as well as them being stocked on Amazon and also in Clintons card shops (which is where I got the Love Rocks set from). Since then, I've picked up a few of their sets as gifts but nothing really for myself so I thought I'd tell you a bit more about the Love Rocks set.

Firstly, all of the gift sets come beautifully wrapped, which is part of what makes them such lovely gifts, as well as the contents, of course. Inside this one, there are 5 items: love buds bath mallow, pink rosebud heart bath blaster, feel the love bath creamer , crazy cupid soap and Summer of love bath blaster.

The bath mallows and bath creamers both contain cocoa butter and as you can see from the picture above, make the bath look sort of milky and the water feel very moisturising. I really like this in a bath bomb because it actually feels like it's doing something for my skin. The bath blasters are more like your standard bath bombs to make you smell nice. Unlike the bath mallows and creamers, they also come wrapped because they are a little more crumbly in texture and prone to breaking. I don't usually use soap bars in the bath, but the one in this set smells so nice that I used it in combination with each of the other products. Some of the bath bombs have bits of dried flowers in them, which I'm normally not a fan of, but it wasn't too much so although I would prefer them without, it's something I can overlook.

According to the website, Bomb Cosmetics products contain essential oils, natural emolients such as cocoa and shea butters, olive and coconut oil. They are paraben free if that is something you are concerned about. They do not test their products or ingredients on animals. They also say that they try to minimise unessecary packaging and use recycled materials where they do need to use it. All of their products are handmade. They sound like a really good environmentally friendly company to me and definitely rival Lush while also being slightly cheaper!

Overall, I have really enjoyed this set! I've used up 2 bath bombs and some of the soap so far and I'm looking forward to using the rest. You can find it here for £14.99, or pop into your nearest Clinton's, where I got mine for £6.  It's also worth a look around their website as they still have some sale items left! Even at full prices, they are a cheaper alternative to Lush and just as nice.

Have you tried Bomb Cosmetics? What do you think of the brand?

Em x