top under header

Sunday, 4 January 2015

Beauty Empties #4


Ted Baker Body Souffle
I quite enjoyed the scent of this, it was quite a warm, spicy sort of smell so I like using it in the colder months. Having said that, I didn't feel like it did anything amazing for my skin, it was just OK. It came as part of a gift set I received at Christmas 2013 so it took my quite a while to get around to using it. I'm not sure if you can buy it individually but it wasn't anything amazing so I wouldn't go out of my way to repurchase it anyway because there are other products I prefer.

Sanctuary Revive Invigorating Hydra-tonic
I've spoken about how much I love Sanctuary as a brand before and this product was no exception. It is a body moisturiser that is very runny and more of a sort of gel-serum texture than a cream. It has a very refreshing scent and sinks in quickly so it's perfect for using in the morning when you want to give your skin some moisture after a shower but want to be able to get dressed quickly afterwards. It's available from Debenhams for £10.25 here, or I recently picked up another bottle for around £4 from B&M so it's worth a look if you have one near you.

Sanctuary Revive Invigorating Body Rub
This is from the same line as the hydra-tonic and has the same citrusey, refreshing scent so is something I tended to use when I was having a shower in the morning time. It is somewhere between a shower gel and a scrub so is great when you're in a rush and don't have time to do both steps. You can find it on the Debenhams site here for £8.25.

The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub
The Body Shop coconut range smells amazing! Their scrubs are really quite scrubby so this is something I used in the shower once a week to really smooth my skin. I'm still working my through the shower gel and body butter in the coconut range and can't get enough of the fruity smell. I would definitely buy this again but right now I have a lot of bath and body things to use up, including new things I got for Christmas and in the sales, so I won't be picking this up again just yet.



There are a quite few things I used up that I use all the time so have mentioned before. There's no point me going into loads of detail with these except that they are the products I use all the time because they never let me down. I would repurchase all of these.
  • Large can of Batiste in the blush scent
  • Sure crystal deodorant
  • Percy and Reed finishing polish
  • Rimmel Stay Matte powder in shade peach glow x 2
  • Garnier essentials 2 in 1 make up remover
  • L'oreal absolute makeup remover eye and lip (I prefer the Garnier one but this is a close second if I can't get hold of the Garnier)
  • Garnier Micellar water
  • 2 x cheap face wipes from Home Bargains-these are great just for getting the bulk of your makeup off before washing your face
  • Pampers baby wipes-I use these for removing swatches from hands etc
  • Kleenex shine absorbing sheets-my favourite oil blotting sheets that have sadly been discontinued but I can still get them online or in Home Bargains.


As usual, it seems like a lot when I write it down! What have you used up lately and would you repurchase?

Em x