top under header

Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Top 5 Make Up Palettes

I realised a few days ago that it's quite rare that I do my make up without using some sort of palette. Generally, I find that they speed up the process of doing my make up because I have more products all in one place, and that they are much better value than buying single products. I thought I would share a few of my most used palettes.


1. Too Faced Natural Eyes palette. This is a neutral palette with a mix of shimmers and mattes. It comes in a nice tin and is compact so this one's great for travelling with. I also find that I can get a day time or a more smoky, evening appropriate look from this palette so it's versatile.


2. The Urban Decay Naked palette (original). Pictured is my newer one but I actually have another with only a few shades left as it's so well used and battered. There are lots of dupes for this palette, a few of which are great, but I don't think you can beat the texture and pigmentation of Urban Decay eye shadows-they've become one of my favourite brands. If it's within your budget, it's definitely worth the £37 price tag, or worth putting on your wishlist the next time you're due some gifts! Again this is a very versatile one and you can get everything from a very light, eye brightening look to a black smoky eye from it and lots in between.


3. Too Faced Chocolate bar palette. Firstly...this smells of chocolate....enough said. Secondly, Too Faced is another favourite brand of mine for eye shadows. It's mostly neutral with a pop of pink (which I've actually used as a blush and it worked nicely!) and a couple of purples. It has more mattes than the Urban Decay one, which I appreciate because I prefer to use matte shades in the crease of my eye, keeping shimmers on my eyelid. It comes in a really nice, sturdy tin in the style of a chocolate bar so it gets top marks for packaging. I'm not sure I'd travel with this one, however, because it is a little larger than some of the others.


4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Rainforest After Dark palette. This one is GREAT for travelling with as it contains almost everything you need for a full face of makeup, except your foundatian and mascara. Everything is nicely pigmented. I feel like the colours in this one are easy to wear on my reasonably fair complexion. You can read more about this one in my posts here and here.


5. Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay blush palette. Again, this is one I've mentioned before(see my post here) but it's a great way of trying a few shades of the Amazonian clay blushes at a lower cost. They're great quality and I love this palette. It's only fault is that I feel like the packaging is a little more bulky than it needs to be.

Do you have any favourite palettes you would recommend? 

Em x