top under header

Thursday, 25 December 2014

Online sales shopping

I began sale shopping on Christmas Eve this year because there were a few things I needed/ wanted and the online sales start before Christmas these days! First I ordered some Dorothy Perkins bits...


I realised the other day that I actually don't have a plain LBD in my wardrobe and one would definitely be handy for impromptu nights out etc. I liked the shape of this one, which I actually bought through the House of Fraser website rather than the Dorothy Perkins site because for some reason it was cheaper-£25 at House of Fraser or £36 on DP for the exact same dress, which was originally £45. Even with the £3 delivery charge it still worked out cheaper at £28. It's worth remembering that DP is available there too in case you can't get your size or just to check there is no price difference.

From the DP site itself, I bought 2 pairs of the jeggings pictured above. I already have 1 pair of DP jeggings and I get a lot of use out of them-they look great with a baggier top and boots. DP ones fit me better than any others I've tried (anything else seems to fall down even if they fit snuggly) so I picked up a black pair and a dark blue pair. These were only reduced slightly from £20 to £16 but since I had planned to buy some more anyway, I thought I'd get them while they were on sale.

The necklace is from DP's Millie Macintosh line and was originally £35, reduced to £10. Personally I wouldn't spend £35 on a costume jewellery item, but for £10 it looks like a very pretty statement necklace that would go nicely with the dress.

I also bought some smart black trousers for work-boring! I like buying work clothes in sales because I begrudge spending a lot on them...anyone else do that?


From New Look, I bought this gorgeous tiger jumper from the brand Koko. It was reduced to £20 from £40 and the tiger face is on the back of it too. I also picked up two of these longline cami tops as I wear these all the time for layering or going under sheer tops, etc and sometimes it's nice to have longer length ones in the colder weather.


I ordered 2 things from lookfantastic.com. Firstly, a Nars lip gloss in the shade Oasis for the absolute bargain price of £7.59. I've never tried a nars lip gloss so this seemed like the perfect time to while it was so vastly reduced. I also picked up a Deborah Lippmann nail polish in the shade 'Let's Go Crazy' for £8.79, also pretty bargainous for an expensive brand. I love their glitter shades, I feel like it's what they do best.


I did a Boots order including 2 perfume sets-Juicy Couture Noir £23 from £34.50 and Ralph Lauren Big Pony Pink £27.66 from £41.50. I've had both of these perfumes before so I was waiting to pick them up in the sales. I also picked up a few bath and body bits from Soap and Glory and Champneys, some of which will be given as birthday gifts. I won't go into detail about those because everything sells out so quickly in the Boots sale-you're better just looking to see what is still available.

Have you bought anything in the sales yet?

Em x