top under header

Friday, 26 December 2014

More sales shopping

I popped out to a local retail park with my husband today, not until this afternoon though so all of the craziest shoppers could do their worst before we got there haha. I picked up a 'Christmas Memories' large jar Yankee candle (£9.99 from £19.99) and a Bomb Cosmetics set (£6 from £12) in Clinton's. The Bomb cosmetics bath bombs are quite similar to lush but this had 5 items in it for the £6 so is far cheaper. I've used the brand before and really enjoyed it. Their gift sets are gift wrapped really nicely too, not that it matters so much when it's a gift to myself!



Although I did an online order from Boots on Christmas eve, which you can read about in my last post, I wanted to see if they had a few bits that I intended to pick up in the sale but were out of stock online, and I struck lucky! I got a set of my favourite Soap and Glory sexy mother pucker gloss sticks (£8 from £16-bargain when 1 on it's own is £8 on the S&G stand) and the S&G 'sexy kohl' set (£7 from £14), which includes 4 waterproof eye liners and a little make up bag. I haven't used them on my eyes yet but having swatched them on my hand and realising I needed to use an oil based make up remover to get them off, they seem to be those very smooth eye liners that really are waterproof when they set, like the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils and the Rimmel scandaleyes ones.


I picked up a cute little make up caddy for £8 from £16. I'm not sure yet whether I'll keep bits and bobs in this myself or use it as a gift at some point, but either way it's cute and would be handy for storing the bits you want to leave out/ accessible without things getting cluttered (no way would it fit all of my stuff in it, too much of a make up junkie haha). It has 2 shallower and 2 deeper compartments for standing things in and a little drawer.


I also picked up a couple of other things that are going to be gifts for birthdays etc, with specific people in mind. A lot has sold out now on the Boots website but it's still worth having a look at what is left in store!

Did you go boxing day sales shopping? What did you pick up?

Em x