top under header

Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Festive Sparkle


I really love a bit of sparkle at Christmas...the party season is definitely the best time to pull off wearing glitter on your face in my opinion. I thought I'd share with you a few of my favourite glitter makeup products. I haven't mentioned nail polishes in this post (which is another thing I love to be glittery!) because I recently wrote a post on 'Festive Fingernails', which you can find here.

1) Collection Glam Crystals eye liners. These are hands down the best glitter liners I've tried, they are super cheap and come in a great variety of shades. I don't think you can go wrong! These also look lovely patted over the top of your eye shadow with fingers-it's an easy way to make glitter stick to your lids without things getting messy.

2) Bobbi Brown sparkle eye shadow in sunlight. I think this may be old packaging now, I'm not sure, because I bought it at the CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet) at Cheshire Oaks, but I believe they still do this shade. I have got a lot of use out of this one as it's quite subtle as glitter goes so I feel like I can wear it all year round for evenings out. It's quite sheer but looks fabulous patted over your eyeshadow, especially over a gold/ brown smoky eye.

3) Urban Decay moondust eyeshadow in the shade moonspoon, which I wrote a full post on here. I really love this all over the lid with a bit of darker grey or black eye hadow on the outer corners to smoke it up. I like using it over a more tacky sort of base like a MAC paint pot, a Maybelline eye tattoo or Too Faced Glitter Glue to make sure that I get full impact from the glitter without fallout.

4) A sparkly lip gloss. I say this rather than a specific product because my favourites are the Butter London lippy lip glosses. The glittery shades seem to be discontinued, although you can still get some of them on ebay such as this trio for £21.95.  I have a few of these that I found in sets at TK Maxx a while ago. I particularly love the red one (which is called 'Chancer') as they have quite a translucent base so it's like an easy way to wear bolder shades.The glitter is fine and doesn't feel gritty. They're not sticky and have a lovely vanilla scent. If you can't get hold of these, however, Tanya Burr has also just released a glittery red gloss for Christmas, with a very cute shade name of 'Mistletoe Kisses' which I imagine is similar. You can find that one here. I might actally pick it up before Christmas.

I wouldn't use these all at once, you understand-there's a difference between a little festive sparkle and your face looking like a disco ball! haha.

What do you think? Which glittery/ sparkly make up products would you recommend?

Em x