top under header

Monday, 3 November 2014

Skincare Routine: PM

In my last post, I told you about my morning skincare routine. Today it's time for my evening routine.



I wear make up most days unless I'm just around the house/ popping out for a walk or something, so first up is eye make up removal. For this I use the Garnier simply essentials 2 in 1 eye and face makeup remover. This gets all eye make up off easily including waterproof mascara and doesn't leave my eyes with an oily film like some oil based removers do. It's also very cheap at only £2.99 for a large 200ml, although you can often find it even cheaper as it's regularly on offer.

Next, I remove my face makeup. For this, I initially use a make up wipe. I'm not particularly fussy since it's just to get the bulk off, as long they do the job. The ones I currently have are just some cheap ones from Home Bargains. 

I then do one of 2 things. If I'm feeling lazy, I use the Garnier micellar water on a few cotton pads to remove the rest. This comes in a huge 400ml bottle for £4.99-although again, you can often find it on offer. 




Otherwise, I use a hot cloth cleanser with a muslin cloth. I currently have the Superdrug Naturally Radiant one and the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, which I use interchangeably. I don't think that there's much difference in how they perform, but the Liz Earle feels a little more luxurious and is more expensive. You can also use these for actually removing all of your makeup but personally I prefer to remove the bulk of it first so my skin is actually being cleaned.




Next I use the Nip n Fab Glycolic Fix exfoliating pads as a toner step. They are convenient being pre-soaked pads. I follow this with the Np n Fab Glycolic Fix Serum. Since glycolic acid is a chemical exfoliant, I really find that it helps to keep my skin smooth and clear. You can see my review of the serum here.




I am currently using the Simple light moisturiser in the evening. If you're after a plain moisturiser that isn't too heavy, this is a good bet and it's cheap, too! I love that simple products are just that-with some products, I don't want a lot of unecessary ingredients. As I am still in my 20s and have oily skin, I don't feel like I need any heavy duty anti-aging products and I definitely don't want anything too thick or greasy.

However, I do then use the Simple Age Resisting eye cream. This is not anti-aging as much as preventative (or so the box says!). Again, I don't need something very heavy duty but I think it's important to keep your eye area well hydrated to avoid early wrinkles. If the age resisting aspect of it works, it's a bonus.

Finally, I use the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm before bed. I use this again in the morning, as I mentioned in my post about my morning routine here.


That's it for my evening routine. There is a 3rd post coming up about treatments/ masks/ skincare products I use as and when my skin needs the so look out for that!

Em x