top under header

Thursday, 6 November 2014

Remembering to use what you have!



Sometimes, us make up addicts get so distracted by the latest products to be released that we forget to make use of the things we have used our hard-earned money to buy. I've recently been trying quite a few new things but I also decided to have a look through my make up and find some things that I had forgotten about to give them some love. This also resulted in me throwing away a few things that were well past their sell by date, which can only be a good thing.

Here are the few things that I haven't used in a while and have been rotated back into my everyday makeup bag that sits in my make up area:

1) The Balm Fratboy blush. This is a peachy pink, matte blush that is easy to wear everyday and goes with almost any eye and lip makeup.

2) Urban Decay Naked palette (the original one). I've used up a few of the shades in this completely, as you can see, and it's looking seriously well used and battered. I have, however, been enjoying using the shades sidecar and half baked in particular. I mentioned it in my October favourites here as I've been getting a lot of use out of it in the last week or two.

3) Rimmel Scandaleyes eye liner in the shade bronze. I love this for my lower lash line. I apply a little on the outer corner and blend it inwards using a brush or even just my finger for some subtle definition.

4)Urban Decay Naked lipstick. I love this shade so much that I used it on our wedding day along with a slightly darker lip liner all over underneath so it didn't wash out my lips too much in flash photography, since it's on the paler side. It's an easy to wear pink-nude and I love the formula of these lipsticks, so creamy!

5) MAC eye shadow quad. I went through a phase of being slightly obsessed with MAC eye shadows but soon came to the realisation that some are good and some just aren't that great quality. Generally speaking, my favourite more expensive brands for eye shadows are Urban Decay and Too Faced these days. However, I do still love the shades in this very well used quad I made,which contains All That Glitters, Shroom, Cork and Brown Down. As you can see, 3 of the 4 are virtually gone so I thought I might as well try to finish them off.

Have you got any make up stashed that you could make more use of?

Em x