top under header

Saturday, 15 November 2014

My new favourite brow pencil


It was only a couple of weeks back that I mentioned the Eylure brow crayon October beauty favourites. Last week, it was beginning to run low so off I went to Boots to buy a new one. However, my local Boots seem to have stopped selling it so I had to go hunting for an alternative, not wanting to run out of something I use day to day.

The alternative I came up with is the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist, which is my new favourite and I actually think is far better than the Eylure one. It's also slightly cheaper, which is always a bonus when it's something you're likely to use every day and therefore use up reasonably quickly. It is the same twist up kind of pencil but there are a few differences.

Firstly, it is less patchy. To be honest, I hadn't really realised that the Eylure one was slightly patchy until I tried one that wasn't, if that makes any sense?! I'm quite new to brow pencils as before I used the Eylure pencil, I always stuck to powders and gels to fill in my brows.

Secondly, the Sleek one has a slanted tip. This makes it so much easier and quicker to apply it neatly in my opinion. Time is a valuable commodity when you're getting up early for work, so this is always an advantage.

Thirdly, the Sleek pencil has a spoolie on the end whereas the Eylure one didn't. This is so handy. I do have a seperate one but having it on the end of the pencil means you don't have to go hunting for another thing in your makeup bag, again making it quicker. I use this to brush through my brows after I've applied the pencil, to make sure it's even distributed.

I also really like the shade I chose in the Brow Stylist. I went for the shade Light, despite the fact that I am a brunette. I actually only tried the light because I'd normally go for medium but it was out of stock. However, I really like it. It means that my brows are still defined, but a bit lighter and more natural looking, especially since I use a tinted brow gel over the top, which adds a bit more colour anyway. The only issue I can see is that if you have light blonde hair, the lightest shade may not be light enough for you, unless you like the light hair and darker brow look.

You can find the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist at Superdrug or Boots for £5.99. It's currently on 3 for 2 here!

I think I'm converted! Have you the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist?

Em x