top under header

Thursday, 27 November 2014

5 November Make Up Favourites


I can't believe it's almost the end of November already-this year has flown! Anyway, here are the things I've been using most this month...

1. Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette. This is the round palette in the picture above. I love that this palette is almost a complete face of makeup and I just feel like all the colours really suit my skin tone. I find that sometimes these sort of 'everything' palettes contain some products that suit me and some that don't, which defeats the point, but this one is different. I did a post on the look I've particularly been enjoying here.

2. Another product I used in the same post is the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in the shade Raplumzel. I've really been enjoying it as an everyday slightly darker lip colour. It's sheer enough that it's still easy to wear but feels more Wintery than my other much used shade from the same range, 'Bashful'. It's also really hydrating-great for when the colder weather is taking its toll!

3. Another palette I've really enjoyed is the Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 palette, which is a dupe for the original Urban Decay Naked palette. I own the Urban Decay version, but this is an amazing £4 budget alternative. When I'm in a rush in the morning, I've been using the sidecar dupe (4th from the left) all over my lid, a little of the buck dupe (5th from the left) in my crease to blend it out and the virgin dupe (furthest left) on my inner corner to make me look awake. It's a simple eye look that takes no time but looks put together. I love the texture of these shadows so you may well see a full review soon.

4. TheBalm Fratboy blush. I have used this a LOT this month. I swapped it back into my make up bag a few weeks ago, as i mentioned in this post. It's actually quite similar to the one from the Tarte palette but there's a bit more peach in this one-I think it's the perfect peachy pink.

5. Boots Seventeen Falsifeye HD mascara. This is something I picked up this month and was super impressed with. I pretty much stuck with it for the rest of the month so I can tell I definitely like it. You can see my full review here, where I also mention what a good dupe it seems to be for the far more expensive Benefit They're Real!

What have your favourite make up products been lately?

Em x