top under header

Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye & Cheek Palette



This Tarte palette was one of the things I received in my recent Sephora order. I have heard so many great things about the brand online and have wanted to try it out for a while.

Firstly, don't you just love the packaging? Beautiful! It's also just the right size to hold in one hand. Considering the number of products it contains, it's pretty compact so it would be ideal for travel or fitting into a makeup bag. It also has a mirror that's big enough that you could realistically use it to do your make up.



The palette contains bronzer, highlighter, blush and 6 eye shadows-a lot of what you need for a full face really.

left to right: bronzer in shade 'park avenue princess'/ highlighter in 'champagne'/ blush in 'unleashed'

Here are the face products swatched. The bronzer is a matte, which is something I look for. I can't stand shimmery bronzers. The highlight is a beautiful white-gold shimmery shade and the blush is a very wearable everyday shade that isn't overly pigmented (I had to build it up for this swatch). I actually like that in a blush because you don't have to worry so much about carefully applying it with a light hand when you're in a rush.

top row left to right: eye shadow shades 'bare to explore', 'make a mauve' and 'plum away with me'
bottom row left to right: eye shadow shades 'up to no gold', 'tan-gled up in you' and 'don't turn a-brown'

I love that the 6 eyeshadows are almost like 2 trios tone wise, although obviously you can mix and match til your heart's content. They are a pigmented and have a lovely smooth texture. The dark brown was slightly patchy when I first swatched it but it performs better on the eyes with a brush.

The Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette is available here for $38. Overall, I feel like it is a good introduction to the brand, which is exactly why I wanted to pick up a palette containing a few different products. I feel like it's a neutral palette with a bit of a 'kick' rather than just being the same old beiges and browns. I have no doubt that I'll get a lot of use out of it!

What do you think?

Em x