top under header

Friday, 3 October 2014

Tarte pin up girl Amazonian clay blush palette







Another item I recently ordered from Sephora is this beautiful blush palette from Tarte. I have wanted to try the Amazonian clay blushes for the longest time because so many bloggers rave about them. This palette has an $110 value but retails for $42 so it seemed like a good time to try them.

I must say that I love the packaging on this palette-it's like a little golden clutch. It comes with 2 little hair grips-1 pearl and 1 diamante-which I can definitely see myself using at some point. The case would also be really cute to use for something else once you've finished the blushes.

On to the shades...
left to right: Breathless (pinky beige), Embraced (plummy rose with shimmer), Whimsy (light pink), Bashful (rosy peach), Irreplaceable (mauve rose)


I love the range of colours that this palette gives you. I don't really have anything else like the shade breathless (the first swatch) and I think it would be very pretty with a smokey eye as it wouldn't be too much. The 2nd, embraced, actually reminds me of a sleek blush-I think it's called pomegranate. It's a plummy shade with shimmer. Then we have a blue toned light pink, a peachy shade and a rosy pink. I think Tarte's shade descriptions are pretty accurate, actually.

They have a nice smooth texture and pick up onto a brush easily without being too powdery. The pigmentation is good without being too difficult to work with and they blend nicely. They last well on my cheeks but being honest this isn't something I really have an issue with. I have oily skin but since I use a long wearing foundation (Revlon colorstay) and a setting spray (Urban Decay All Nighter) for long days, I find that most blushes tend to last pretty well.

I think this would make a beautiful Christmas gift for a make up lover or of course a nice treat to yourself. It's certainly something I think I'll be getting a lot of use out of as it's so versatile and personally, I think it has pretty much all bases covered with a good variety of shades.
The palette is available here but is limited edition since it's part of the Tarte 2014 holiday collection. Last year's blush palette sold out quickly so if you want it, I'd pick it up sooner rather than later!

What do you think of the Tarte Amazonian clay blushes?

Em x