top under header

Saturday, 4 October 2014

Review: Too Faced Melted Lipstick


Today I thought I'd post a review of the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick I got as part of my recent Sephora order. You can get this product in the UK, but everywhere I looked the shade that I wanted to try from looking at swatches online (Melted Peony) was out of stock. Since I was ordering from Sephora anyway and it worked out about the same price, if not a little cheaper, even with tax, I thought I'd add it to my basket.

Too Faced claim that it 'comfortably coats lips in bursts of intense colour that lasts for hours'. Would I agree? Absolutely. 



As you can see in the swatch above, it is super pigmented and very opaque. You need a tiny amount to cover your lips so the 12ml tube would last a long time even if you used it every day (which I own far too many lippies to do but oh well haha). It goes on a bit more glossy but sort of dries down to what I can only describe as a sort of creamy matte finish. It looks reasonably matte but doesn't have the uncomfortable feel of your typical matte lipstick and is not at all drying.





 It lasted for a few hours on my lips. It does transfer onto cups if you drink but it doesn't all seem to come off-there was still some left after I had finished two cups of tea. I did find that it didn't last through eating so it's not THAT long lasting, but I don't mind reapplying after eating so that's not a major problem. 

The applicator is one of those little spongey applicators were you squeeze the tube and it comes through ready to apply (similar to the applicator on the Clarins instant light lip perfectors if you're familiar with those). What I will say is that is perhaps not the most precise method of application for such a pigmented product. It's fine for this relatively natural shade but I wonder how it would work with the very bold shades.

Overall, I really like the texture and pigmentation of this product and would definitely recommend them, but I think that if you wanted to go for one of the bolder shades, you would need a lip brush handy to neaten up the edges because of the applicator.

Have you tried the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks? What did you think?

Em x