top under header

Sunday, 5 October 2014

Review: Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Eye Shadow




This is going to be another review of an item from my Sephora order (I'm working my way through them!), this time the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Eye Shadow in the shade 'Playa Del Pink' which is actually a champagne colour.

Strangely, it comes with a different lid on it than the one you see above, with the above lid being separate in the box. I'm not sure why they've done this because the lid with applicator in screws onto the bottle the same way that the other one does.


The product is very liquid like the name would suggest. You need to give it a little shake before using it as it does separate in the bottle. It has a little ball inside to help mix it. After that, you unscrew the lid and there is a little doe foot applicator. 

I found that I needed just a couple of dots on each eyelid-a little goes a long way with this product. You can blend it out to be quite sheer and just a bit shimmery or if you add a second layer (which is what I like to do), it gives a lovely metallic finish. It dries down to a powder sort of product so it lasts well on the eyes-I wore it all day and it didn't fade. It didn't crease either but I did wear it over Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion, as I do with all of my shadows.



Overall, I think this is a great shadow for a quick wash of colour or as a metallic finish on your lid with more matte shades in the crease of your eye. It lasts well and is very pretty in my opinion!

Have you tried this or any other Josie Maran products that you'd recommend?

Em x