top under header

Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Review: Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo, neutral



left to right: musk, lychee

lychee

musk

Today's review is of the Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo-another item from my recent Sephora order-and also the last apart from the sample sizes I got as a 100 point perk and with a promotional code.

The idea behind Bite Beauty, which I find quite interesting, is that they make lip products from food grade ingredients. This makes sense when you consider that every time you eat or have a cuppa with your lippie on,you probably end up eating a lot of it. Over a longer period of time, I imagine that it adds up.

Bite claim that the luminous creme lipsticks are also an anti-aging product, saying that 'with every application, antioxidant Resveratrol fights free radicals with potent long-term age-repair benefits. Each lipstcik contains the Resveratrol equivalent of two glasses of red wine, reducing fine lines and wrinkles on and around the lip area over time'. Now I don't know about the long term benefits, but it's certainly interesting that a company would make this sort of claim about a lipstick and it can't do any harm!

Onto the formula of the product itself, which is super creamy. It has a nice sheen to it and makes your lips appear fuller as a result, without being super glossy. It feels very luxurious on the lips and the 2 neutral shades (1 more on the pink side and 1 more of your classic nude) would be very useful in your handbag. That is one positive point about the small size.

However...I know it's 2 mini lipsticks and was only $12 (plus tax), but I must admit that I was a little shocked at how small it is and how little product you are getting for your money. I do think it would last a while and is great to try out if you've never had anything from the brand before, but it just feels very insubstantial. I would say that you need to be careful not to wind them up too much because the smaller size means that the bit of the lipstick that is 'stuck onto' the packaging for want of a better phrase, is obviously smaller, too. This means that it feels quite fragile.

Overall, I really like the product inside, I'm just not so sure on the idea of these duos. They are a good way of trying out the brand if you have to order online like me. However, I think the full size ones would most likely feel more substantial. There is another duo available but having seen this one, I think I'd rather go for full size products from them in future. Having said that, the product inside seems like really good quality and I would be happy to own some of their full size lip products.

Have you tried any Bite Beauty products?

Em x