top under header

Tuesday, 28 October 2014

October Beauty Favourites


Here are the beauty bits that I've been using the most throughout October. I have of course used other things too but I really had to narrow it down or we would be here all day!

1. Eylure brow crayon in medium brown. I've never been a fan of brow pencils, ususally preferring a powder to fill in my brows as it tends to be more natural looking but lately I'd started to notice that my brows didn't look as defined as I wanted them to and also that my brow gel didn't seem to be holding them in place very well. I decided to try this quite out of the blue after reading about the Eylure brow range on a few different blogs. It's slightly waxy, which to me is a positive because it helps my brows stay smoothed down. I have been using this to do little hair-like strokes then filling in any gaps left with a little powder (usually MAC's charcoal brown eye shadow) and setting with a gel. That might sound like a lot of products but really it doesn't take me long and my brows stay perfect all day.

2. Rimmel Brow This Way in mid brown-this is the gel I've been using and I like that it's tinted and matches the colour of my brows well.

3. Tarte pin up girl blush palette. I've loved using this since I bought it. The shades are really quite pigmented so although it mightn't look like I've used it, I promise I have! They also last really well on my skin as Tarte promise.

4. Urban Decay Naked palette (the original one). Mine is so battered that I bought a new one a little while ago but I haven't liked to use it until I use up a bit more the shades that are left in the old one, This has forced me to use some shades that I didn't really use as much as some of the others before and I've actually really been enjoying them, particularly sidecar and half baked, which now have a large dip in them.

5. Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Moonspoon. I've used this on a few nights out lately and it's glittery amazingness (see the post on this here).

6. Nip and Fab glycolic fix serum. I've been using this for a few weeks now. It really helped my skin clear up during a spotty phase and has helped to keep it clear and smooth since-see my full review here.

7. Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in the shade Plum Jam is an easy to wear Autmn shade-see it in my Autumn lippes post here.

8. Soap and Glory Solar Powder. This has turned into my everyday bronzer/ contour product this month and I'm loving how it gives a little bit of colour and shape to my face but is easy to work with because it's not super pigmented (a positive in my book where bronzers are concerned). You can see my review here.

Have you tried any of these products? Which products were your favourites this month?

Em x