top under header

Friday, 17 October 2014

Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Serum


As I have have spoken about in previous posts, I am a fan of the exfoliating pads and scrub from the Nip and Fab glycolic line. My skin loves glycolic acid, which, if you don't know, is a chemical exfoliant. It's great for my oily-combination skin that is prone to breakouts as it removes any dead skin cells and anything that is going to block up pores and cause spots. I recently spotted the serum from the Nip and Fab Glycolic line half price in Superdrug (which it still is, here at £7.47 instead of £14.95). So of course, liking the other 2 products from the line so much I thought I'd give it a try.

First I'll mention the packaging. I like skincare products in this type of pump. It's very hygenic and non-messy. A couple of pumps and I'm done. You get 30ml and don't need a lot so I'm sure it would last quite a while. The only thing I would say is that I'm not going to know when I'm about to run out-it could do with some sort of window in the tube so we could see how much was left (please take note if you're reading, Nip and Fab!).

Now, onto the product itself...when I started to use this, I had a major...erm...'crop' shall we say of zits on my chin. None of them very big but it was very irritating because I'd get rid of 1 or 2 and more would pop up straight away and nothing was clearing it up-my skin just seemed to be going through a (probably hormone induced) spotty phase. Due to its exfoliating/ pore clearing out properties, glycolic can actually improve acne and boy did it work on my chin.

It sinks in very quickly and doesn't leave much of a residue. I applied my normal evening moisturiser afterwards and went to bed. In the morning, the spots were dramatically reduced and after about 2-3 nights of application my chin had completely cleared up. Not to mention the fact that the scars left behind were not as bad as they normally are. My skin seems to mark easily so having any zits isn't fun! I have to say that this actually cleared my skin up more quickly than any products I tried that were specifically aimed at spots. I've now been using it for a couple of weeks and have had no more spots since so it does seem to be helping to keep my skin clear. My skin feels smoother than it did before, too!

I am definitely impressed by this product! What do you think? Have you tried anything from the Nip and Fab Glycolic range?

Em x