top under header

Friday, 3 October 2014

Fruit that tastes like chocolate?! Healthy snack discovery


The other day when I popped into my local Tesco, I noticed these at the checkout: Nakd Cocoa Orange Fruit and Nut Bits. I didn't look too closely at them before throwing them in my basket-to be honest, I just saw that they were half price and looked tasty.

It was only when I looked at the packet properly that I realised that the ingredients are 40% dates, 40% cashews, 14% raisins, 5% cocoa and the rest is rice flour and a hint of natural orange flavouring. A 35g portion (approx a quarter of the bag) is one of your 5 a day! They are also wheat, dairy and gluten free if that;s something that interests you.

But...and here's the best bit...to me they taste of chocolate orange! Really sweet and yummy with a bit of chewiness and they look like a bag of sweets. I think these make a nice afternoon snack when you're craving something sweet but want to have something a bit more healthy than a chocolate bar. I'd definitely buy these again!

Have you tried any of the Nakd snack range? Is there anything else from it you'd recommend?

Em x