top under header

Monday, 13 October 2014

Contour kit for under a fiver!

guess what I was wearing when I photographed this? lol




I recently picked up this bargainous 'Define and Conquer' contour kit from Seventeen for £4.99. What really interested me is that the whole thing is matte, even the highlight. If you look at higher end contouring palettes, there are often matte highlighting shades (Anastasia Beverley Hills contouring palette, I'm looking at you!) but you rarely see them in 'drugstore' makeup. Now I like a glowy, shimmery highlight in the evening but being an oily skinned girl with some large pores, shimmer on my face during the day is NOT going to happen so this palette seemed like a good, well priced option!

I like the packaging of this product-as well as having a good sized mirror, it reminds me of NARS packaging and we all know that NARS products cost a lot more than this! It also comes with a little instruction card if you're not sure how to use it which is handy for contouring beginners.

 The powders seem to blend well and the matte highlight is great for setting my under eye concealer as it is a little lighter than my skintone, or for brightening up my cheekbones without the shimmer. The bronzer is a nice matte shade that's not too dark or orangey on fair skin (I bought the shade 'fair' and I believe there is a medium and a dark). I also like to use this kit on my eyes with the contour shade in the crease, highlight shade on the brow bone and I then add in a shimmer shade for my lid. Overall I think this is a great little product for the price! You can find it at Boots here, where it's currently on 3 for 2 as well so could be even cheaper!

What do you think? 

Em x