top under header

Monday, 8 September 2014

Winter Boots

I love Winter boots and own several pairs, yet I just can't stop myself most Winters. The only excuse I have is that I do spend a LOT of time wearing them in the Winter. I've had some in the past that have lasted me 3/4/5 years too, particularly if they're leather, as I don't think I'm particularly hard on my shoes. Is that enough justification? haha. Some of my faves are a Nine West pair I picked up for £20 instead of £200 a couple of years back from www.shoeaholics.com (if you haven't visited that webiste you need to-they're the clearance website for Kurt Geiger). Then there are multiple pairs from New Look, Clarks, Next...the list goes on.

A few days ago, I got these in the post from Debenhams. They're obviously not real suede for the £25 price tag, but I thought these would be good for dressier outfits. I don't normally like the look of ankle Boots with skirts or dresses, but the cuff on the top of these makes them a bit more finished looking so I think I'll be going for it with these. Something my shoe collection was missing was a pair of more dressy Boots and I felt like these fitted the bill. Most of the shoes I had for going out in the evening are of the strappy variety and let's face it, no-one looks good with blue toes. They have a not-too-high wedge heel so shouldn't be too painful on long nights out but the suedette fabric makes them look a bit more going out appropriate.

I have my eyes on some others too...which may be mine before the Winter's out...despite the many other I own. Here are some of the others I've noticed online

Top left: New Look, £34.99; Top right: Head Over Heels by Dune at Debenhams, £59
Bottom left: River Island, £38; Bottom right: George at Asda; £40 for real leather!

What do you think? Have you seen any nice Winter boots in the shops or online yet? 

Em x