top under header

Thursday, 4 September 2014

Top 'Drugstore' Make Up Products


I put the word drugstore in inverted commas above because let's be honest, outside of the blogging world people don't generally call Boots and Superdrug 'drugstores' here in the UK-it seems to be an American term we have borrowed!

I actually really like a look around Boots or Superdrug to see the latest products out. I can treat myself to a few things without feeling too guilty, especially when the 3 for 2 offers are on! I thought I would share some of my favourite drugstore make up products here. I may do a second post about this because there are some I've left out for the sake of this post not being a million miles long.

1)Revlon colorstay foundation is one of my all time favourites. It can look heavy if you apply too much but a little buffed in with a buffing brush gives me a medium coverage. It really lasts on my oily skin, something which is a priority for me where foundations are concerned.

2) Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer is my favourite primer. It really does help foundation last even longer on oily skin and has SPF20, which is great just for doing errands, going to work etc when you're not spending a lot of time in the sun-obviously then I would use an actual SPF product.

3)Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is perfect for blemishes as it has good coverage and stays put. I do, however, find it too drying under my eyes. For that, I instead use...

4)Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer is a lighter coverage, illuminating concealer that's perfect for the eye area

5)Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss collection lipsticks really are lovely for the price. One of my favourite shades is 16 (the coral you see in the photo) but I own a few others too.

6)Tanya Burr lipgloss in the shade Picnic in the Park. I love this shade-it's pigmented enough to brighten up the face.

7)Maybelline color tattoos. My favourite shade is On and on bronze, but I own quite a few. They're basically a dupe of MAC paint pots at less than half the price.

8)Revlon lip butters. These aren't actually what I thought they were to start with-they're more of a creamy lipstick formula than a tinted balm, like you would think. My favourite shade is Berry Smoothie-a nice berry/ pink shade.

9)Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Glosses (can you tell yet that Revlon is a favourite brand of mine?). These are pigmented and not too sticky. My favourite is the shade pink pop, pictured above.

10)L'oreal volume million lashes is my favourite drugstore mascara for both volume and length.

11)GOSH Velvet touch eyeliners remind me of the Urban Decay 24/7 liners but these ones are only £5 and come in lots of colours. I love the shade truly brown for use everyday.

12)Rimmel stay matte powder-does what it says on the tin and keeps my makeup in place, for the bargain price of £3.99.

13)Revlon matte blushes. My favourite shade is 003 perfectly peach, which I think is actually somewhere between peach and pink. This is great for everyday but also subtle enough to go with a smoky eye or bold lips.

14) L'oreal Color Riche L'ombre Pure eyeshadows are more like pressed pigments. I like to apply the shade nude 204 to my lids using my finger for a shimmery wash, and add a bit of a darker brown into the crease.

15) L'oreal Color Infallible eyeshadows. These are also more like loose pigments but these ones come with a stopper that presses down the product. One of my favourites is 002 hourglass beige, which is a nice champagne sort of shade.

Have you tried any of these? Which drugstore products would you recommend?

Em x