top under header

Sunday, 7 September 2014

The Autumn Tag



Here in the UK, the evenings are starting to draw in and we've definitely had a few chilly days and nights recently. I must say I'm not a fan of this transitional period when it's cold one minute and warm the next, but I'm starting to look forward to my Autumn/ Winter boots and cosy, woolly jumpers.

I saw this tag on Fee's blog (here). Her blog is great and if you haven't read it I suggest you take a look!


Here we go with the questions...


1. Ok we're talking coffee's - what's your favourite seasonal drink from Starbucks/Costa/Cafe Nero etc?  Definitely the black forest hot chocolate that Costa do. I cleverly took a peek at the syrups Costa use for their flavoured drinks when I was in there a few days ago and found, when I googled it, that you can buy Monin syrups in Tesco (the branch I go to had gingerbread-yum! Vanilla and Caramel) and they are also available on Amazon here. Guess who's making my own super yummy hot chocolates this year! I'm also planning to use these as part of some Christmas gifts-I think that the gift set of mini bottles, a tub of a luxury hot chocolate and a nice mug would make a lovely gift. Bit off topic there...haha.

2. Accessories - what do you opt for, scarf, boots, gloves?All 3! I love wearing boots throughout Autumn and Winter with everything-skirts, dresses and trousers. In fact, I have a post coming up on Winter boots very soon! I also LOVE snoods. It's rare that I go out without one in the colder months-they're so much easier to deal with than normal scarves. I need to keep my neck warm as my neck aches if it gets cold due to a minor case of whiplash about 10 years ago. Gloves are a must have for me too as my hands get really cold.


3. Music - what's your favourite music to listen to during Autumn?Hmm...I don't think I listen to anything different than I normally would, until I get the Christmas CDs out in November/ December.


4. Perfume - what's your favourite scent for this time of year?I tend to go towards something slightly more floral (such as Marc Jacobs Lola) rather than fruity, which I love in the Summer, although I do still go for fruity sometimes, I like it mix it up. I also love Ghost Deep Night for a Winter and evening scent-this one lasts a LONG time on my skin too which is great.


5. Candles - what scents will you be burning this season?I have a Yankee candle wax tart burner that I bought early this Summer. Currently I have berry/ citrus scents for that in my stocks but I need to have a look for some more Autumnal ones. I love spicy, cinammon type scents in the Autumn/ Winter-they smell warming...if that makes sense?


6. What do you love most about Autumn?The colourful leaves on the trees and crunching through them once they've fallen. Warming food like soups and stews-let me tell you that I use our slow cooker a lot in the colder months-put it on low before you go out to work and come in to a lovely hot meal-amazing!


7. Favourite makeup look?I still tend to go for neutral colours on my eyes for everyday like I do all year round, but I like to wear berry toned pinks on my lips instead of the nude pinks and corals I like in the Summer.


8. What are you looking forward to most in Autumn?Being able to wear my Autumn/ Winter wardrobe again and a few days off work with my hubby in late October-always nice to spend time together :-)

If you have a blog and fancy doing the tag, go ahead and link it below. I love finding new blogs to read!

Em x