top under header

Saturday, 6 September 2014

Real Techniques Nic's Picks




As soon as I saw this brush set on Pixiwoo's blog, I knew I wanted needed it. I already own a lot of the Real Techniques brushes and I really do think they're amazing quality for the price. I love the silver handles on this limited edition collection, they look much more expensive than they are.

Included in the set are 5 brushes...


  • A duo fibre powder brush, ideal for light application of powder/ bronzer/ blush-I will be using this with more pigmented products.
  • A cheek brush (set exclusive). This reminds me of the expert face brush but softer and a bit fuller, great for blush.
  • An angled shadow brush (set exclusive), which is designed to fit into the crease of the eye
  • A base shadow brush which seems like it's flat enough to lay down eyeshadow on the lid but also slightly fluffy and not too flimsy so you could also use it to blend. I imagine this is going to serve a similar function to my MAC 217.
  • An angled eyeliner brush (set exclusive). I'd say this could be used for lining your eyes with eyeshadow for a smokey look, a thicker line of gel liner (it's not as thin as my MAC 266 brush), or for filling in your brows with powder.
Every brush is lovely and soft and I imagine I'm going to love these just a much as the rest of my Real Techniques brushes once I've had chance to test them out properly. The set is £29.99 and isn't released officially until 1st October but I bought mine from look fantastic. Luckily I had a voucher code as I hadn't bought anything from them in a while so they wanted to tempt me back...well it worked haha and I bagged this set for £23.99. As I write this it's also on offer here for £25.40 if you're quick. Worth every penny in my opinion! 

I've got a feeling these will be very popular, especially as they would make a lovely Christmas gift. I know, I know, I shouldn't be mentioning the C word in September, but I always think that once Summer ends it's here before you know it. I start thinking about buying gifts in October usually as I like to have time to think about it and pick things up gradually rather than doing one big frenzied present shop.

What do you think? Will you be picking this set up?

Em x