top under header

Monday, 22 September 2014

Favourites: Autumn/ Winter lippies

Left to right: see 1-4 below

Left to right: see 1-4 below

Left to right: see 1-4 below

Brrr there's definitely a nip in the air this morning as I'm writing this-the weather is definitely starting to turn. When I think of Autumn/ Winter make up, I think of berry/ plum toned lip products I still wear pink nudes/ 'my lips but better' shades too, but I like to move away from the corals I enjoy wearing in the Summer and more towards berry/ plum tones in the cooler months. I have to say, though, I am a little scared of very dark/ bold lippies so most of these are a toned down/ sheer version-so perhaps good for recommendations if you prefer slightly more eye makeup and less on the lips like me. Here are my top picks:



1) Revlon lip butter in 'Berry Smoothie'. This is a pink with a hint of berry that I find easy to wear everyday. It's also my most worn of the few Revlon lip butters I own.

2)Soap and Glory sexy mother pucker gloss stick in 'plum jam'. If you read my blog, you will have seen me mention these in the shades 'bashful' (sheer baby pink) and 'nud-ist' (sheer nude). In my books, these are a perfect lip product. They are a sheer, glossy wash of colour with a lot of moisture. I find really moisturising lip products especially good for the colder months to avoid those chapped lips!

3)Clinique chubby stick in 07 super strawberry. This is a sheer reddish berry colour-more red toned than the previous products. Again, it is sheer and an easier way to wear this sort of colour.

4) Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in shade 107. This is a well known shade in the internet world and unlike the others, this is definitely a full on, very pigmented lipstick. I tend to reserve this for evenings out or pat a little on and blend it in with my fingers for more of a stain sort of look during the day. If you're comfortable wearing it bold during the day, go for it!

Do you have any favourite lippies you get out in the colder months that you would recommend?

Em x