top under header

Tuesday, 2 September 2014

August Beauty Favourites

                                         

So this post is going to be about a few of my favourite beauty products from August. It's a little late due to breaking my laptop (AAAAAAGGGGHHH!) by knocking it on the floor. It wasn't worth paying what it would cost to fix as it was a couple of years old...so while I wait for the one I have ordered to arrive, I'm stealing my husband's laptop to type this while he's at work and I'm at home...anyway, here we go...

1) Nip and Fab glycolic fix exfoliating facial pads. As I also mentioned in my post here, these are great at helping to keep my skin clear and essentially they are an exfoliating toner (as is the fashion these days!) but in a pre-soaked pad so they're nice and convenient. I used these pretty much every night in August and in fact after I bought this tub, I went back and bought another from Boots as a back up while they were still on offer.

2)Estee LauderBronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer. I actually own the full size of this too but I have been trying to use up this sample size as I've had it quite a while. As you can see, I've hit pan so I don't think it will last too much longer! When you look at this bronzer in the pan, it has a little sparkle too it but it does come out matte on the skin. I find it's a good shade for my skintone-not too dark or orange and I use it for a subtle daytime cheek contour and to warm up my pale face!

3)MUA eyeshadow in shade 1 pearl. This is £1, really £1. It's a pale cream/ goldish shimmer that works great for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes, making me look far more awake. Can't go wrong!

4)The Body Shop Colour Crush Shine lipstick in shade 18 sunset romance (see here for a swatch) is a beautiful sheer, glossy coral Summer that has been perfect for Summer.

5)Essence eyeshadow in shade 22 blockbuster is a basic matte cream shade that is great as a matte browbone highlight or to blend out my crease colour. I don't like shimmer under my eyebrow most of the time so this fits the bill perfectly and is a bargain too at under £3.

6)Clinique Cheek Pop blush in 04 plum pop is a flattering pink for us pale girls that can be worn sheer or built up for a stronger colour. It has a slight radiance to it but is not shmmery-ideal for those with oilky skin who don't want their skin to look completely flat-like me!

7)Kiko water eyeshadow in shade 200 champagne. I mentioned this in my post about the Kiko goodies I picked up in London here and I haven't stopped using it since. My go-to eyeshadow has been this on the lid, a bit of bronzer in my socket, the MUA eyeshadow in my inner corner and the Essence eyeshadow under my browbone. Easy and pretty with some shimmer but without being too much.

8)Percy and Reed finishing polish. I love to scrunch this into my wavy hair in the morning-it just gives it a bit more bounce and a slight bit of hold while also helping with any frizz. I've had this for a long time (the photo is in fact a new tube I have ready as I have cut my old one open to scoop the last bits out). I'd forgotten about it for some reason but during August, I have been using it pretty much every day I've worn my hair down.

What were your favourite beauty products in August?

Em x