top under header

Monday, 15 September 2014

A Buxom Bargain





On my most recent trip to TK Maxx, I found this Buxom 'Full Bodied' lip gloss by Bare Escentuals in the shade 'she-bang' , which is a deeper pink with a hint of plum to it and some fine shimmer-but not that frosty kind of shimmer that I'm not a fan of. I thought it would be a nice Autumn version of a 'my lips but better' colour (look out for a post on Autumn/ Winter lippies soon!).

It claims to be 'an ultra-hydrating, volumising lip gloss with a smooth, soft-cushion sensation. When they say volumising, they mean that it gives a plumped up look because it's so glossy (it isn't one of those ones that tingle/ sting). It does feel very smooth and moisturising so I'd say it lives up to their claims. It's also really pigmented for a gloss, meaning that I would wear this on its own rather than over a lipstick. It is formulated without parabens, sulphates and synthetic fragrances, which is brilliant if you're someone who's into avoiding those sorts of ingredients in your cosmetics. The applicator is quite flat, and I like how it applies the product. I prefer the flat or tear drop shaped wands to the typical doe foot applicator.

After googling them, I found out that unfortuntely, the Buxom lip glosses have been discontinued in the UK but I picked mine up for the bargain price of £5.99 at TK Maxx (most 'drugstore' lip glosses cost more than that these days!)It's well worth having a look to see if your local store has them in stock or even having a look on ebay because they really seem really nice! If you're in the US or going on holiday there any time soon, they're available from Sephora for $19 (unfortuanely they don't ship that brand to the UK). I would definitely like to try some more shades if I can get hold of them!

Have you tried these glosses? What did you think?

Em x