top under header

Friday, 8 August 2014

Summer Favourites: Carvella Kurt Geiger gladiator wedges


You know you love a pair of shoes when you decide you must have them in more than one colour! Which is exactly what I did with these Carvella Kurt Geiger gladiators. I actually got both of these pairs as birthday presents back in May. I saw them online a month or two beforehand and may have dropped one or two hints to my husband but couldn't decide which colour I most wanted. I eventually asked him to order me the black pair when he agreed to get me them, thinking that I may buy myself the white ones later. However, he had spoken to his mum who was looking for present ideas and she got me the white so I ended up with both pairs :-)

Anyway, I love how these can be dressed up and down. They look great paired with Summer dresses and maxi skirts, jeans of an evening outfit. They have enough of a heel that they give me a bit of height but not so high that that have me hobbling around after a couple of hours (I make no secret of the fact that I just can't 'do' 5 inch heels for the whole night like some girls seem to be able to!). They actually have not 1 but 2 straps that fasten round your ankle so are very sturdy and your feet are well supported. Then there's the thing that caught my attention-the beautiful studding detail.

I believe the style is called Kenneth, although I'm not sure whether they will be still available.

What do you think? Do you have any Summer shoe favourites?

Em x