top under header

Thursday, 31 July 2014

Revlon Moisture Stains

I have been waiting for these to be released in the UK since they started popping up on US blogs and youtube channels. I had high hopes for them!

This morning I went into Superdrug to pick up some more dry shampoo...and what did I spot...the moisture stains had appeared! And even better the display had not been touched at all-the ones marked testers hadn't even been opened and there was not one missing. I don't know why but there was something satisfying about being the first there haha. Plus they were on an introductory offer-they are currently £5.99 instead of £7.99.

So after spending a few minutes swatching them all on my hand and trying to figure out which I would like to try, I decided on 2 shades: Barcelona Nights (top) and LA Exclusive (bottom).





So as soon as I hopped in the car I tried Barcelona Nights out...I can't be the only one who does this when they've just bought new make up...surely?

 They are another product going along the same lines as the famous YSL glossy stains. They have an interesting applicator-it is quite flat with a pointed tip as you can see. The tip makes it easy to apply the product neatly as you can use it to go around the edge.



They apply just like a moisturising, pigmented gloss and when the gloss wears off, you are left with a nice stain. I found that after a few hours of wear (and during this time I had been drinking tea), there was a stain left but my lips still felt moisturised-like the kind of feeling you get when you put a thick lip balm on and let it sink in for a few hours. There was a layer of moisture left and my lips felt comfortable.  For this reason, I prefer these by far to the Balm Stains Revlon have in the pencil format (including the original, matte and glossy formulas-I've tried them all and found them a little drying).

You will still need to reapply the moisture stains after a few hours but they fade nicely and leave a good amount of colour and moisture on your lips after the gloss starts to fade.

After I've used these a bit more, I may well get 1 or 2 more shades-I really like them so far!

What do you think? Have you tried the Revlon moisture stains yet?

Em x