top under header

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Mint Madness-Primark mint green lace and beaded detail dress

The 'mint madness' continues....I think I am officially obsessed with this colour! A couple of days ago I went for  look around Primark. To be honest I find things there very hit and miss. I don't know how some people walk out with huge bags of clothes. I picked up 5 things, waited ages to try them on and only one of them looked right. Does that happen to anyone else?

Anyway, the 1 thing I did buy is this beautiful mint green dress. It is a lined, chiffon fabric and the top half has a lace overlay-almost like a mock top and skirt. The lace has beautiful beading and sequins all over and it subtly catches the light-very pretty. The top is a bit more fitted and the skirt flares out-skater sort of style-and it hits me a bit above the knee (I'm 5'4'' so I imagine it would be quite short if you are tall). It £25, which I thought was a lot for Primark! But then I considered how much it would be elsewhere-probably double that considering all the detailing. Summer party season sprung to mind-I will probably just wear it on evenings out as I have no specific event in mind, but if you've got a daytime event like a wedding, garden party etc to go to I think the colour would be really nice and Summery.




What do you think? Do you like mint green as much as I do?

Em x