top under header

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Review: Strike a Rose


Yesterday I picked up one of the new Maybelline Baby Lips Electro lip balms. I chose the shade 'Strike a Rose', which is a lovely warm pink/ coral colour. It looks a bit intimidating in the tube, but being a balm I knew it wouldn't be super pigmented. 

Above, you can see 2 swatches-the one on the left is one swipe and the one on the right is with it built up a bit, having gone over it a few times. The colour can actually be built up quite a bit for a tinted balm.






(Sorry for the slightly cakey looking foundation in the picture-it was late in the day and it had been on all day in the heat)

On the lips, it gives a very nice wash of colour. As is to be expected for a balm with a more slippy sort of texture, it feel very moisturising and nice on the lips but doesn't have much lasting power. I don't mind that with this sort of product because it's the sort of thing you can just quickly slap on, possibly even without a mirror if you're just doing a quick swipe. It also has a nice shine to it so makes a great alternative to wearing a gloss. It is not at all sticky.

It has a sweet, fruity sort of smell but doesn't really taste of much on your lips which is nice-I would rather have no taste at all than a taste I don't like, and after all not everyone is going to like a particular taste.

Overall, I really like this product for the hot days in Summer when you just want something easy and moisturising instead of a full on lipstick. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it for every day wear.

Have you tried the baby lips electro? What do you think of them?

Em x