top under header

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop

I managed to grab this nail polish for around half price from an ebay seller after I spotted it here when browsing the beautybay website. I adore Deborah Lippmann polishes but have never paid full price for one-£18 is difficult to justify on one nail polish! I have, however, started to build a bit of a collection of them, having found packs of 3 reduced to £12 in TK Maxx a few months ago (yes £4 each-that's less than some drugstore brand polishes-I could not believe my luck). Since then I have bought the occasional one when I've had a good discount code etc. Maybe one day I will do a post on my collection.

Anyway...back to candy shop...


Here, I am wearing one coat of the polish and a top coat. As you can see, it is a sheer pink with multi-coloured glitters. The glitters vary in size and really stand out from the pink base. If any of you own the very popular shade 'Happy Birthday' (this was all over the internet a little while ago and became very difficult to find), then you will be able to see that it is in fact the same glitter, just in a pink base instead of a clear base. I actually have a  close dupe of Happy Birthday, Nicole by OPI 'Rainbow in the Sky-lie' from their Kardashian collection-which you can see below.


I absolutely love candy shop, it's so fun! It's almost a bit childish being so glittery but I think we all need a bit of glitter in our lives haha. It would also look lovely just painted onto 1 nail on each hand as an accent nail, and the rest painted a pale pink.

I love that it looks pretty in one coat. I could have done two but then I imagine that the base colour would sort of get lost because the glitter would take over.

Have you tried 'Candy Shop'? What do you think of Deborah Lippmann polishes?

Em x