top under header

Thursday, 17 July 2014

Current top 5: Summer Lipsticks

I do like a good everyday pinky lipstick but during the Summer I like to mix it up a bit and add in something slightly more brightening as well as my usual shades. Here are my current 5 favourites for this Summer. Strangely, 3 of them are in the oh so popular 'chubby pencil' format.



Left to right:
  1. Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in 'Bashful'. This one is very well used and battered and always lives in my handbag as you can slap it on without a mirror. It's a very easy to wear pinky, glossy shade.
  2. Clinique Glossy Stick in 'Pudgy Peony'. I find this one is a brighter yet really wearable pink as it is not super pigmented but gives just enough colour with one layer, although you can build it up to be quite bright.
  3. Bourjois Colour Boost in 'Peach on the Beach' is a lovely coral, glossy shade that leaves behind a nice stain as the gloss fades.
  4. Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 16. This is a less glossy coral shade that I find to be really flattering.
  5. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in 'Naked'. This is one of those everyday shades I was talking about-flattering and defines my lips for when I do want something a bit subtle, without being too pale or washing me out. I actually love this lipstick so much that I wore it on our wedding day-it was a perfect bridal shade.
What are your favourite Summer lipsticks?

Em x